.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gettin' hitched in 2006!

Thursday, May 18, 2006

May 17th -- an exciting day!

Yesterday, May 17th, was our "one month to go" date and it was a pretty exciting day!

To start, of course, it's ONE MONTH TO THE WEDDING -- Wow! It was also our official RSVP deadline and we've received all but 2 RSVPs -- not bad.

Next up, I got an email from our photographer confirming our meeting for that night. The meeting was awesome -- it really got Jeff and I excited about the wedding. Thinking about the photos we'd be taking made it feel so real! That, and we're bringing a rugby ball for some of the shots. Thinking about the possibilities had us laughing in the car the whole way home. :D

Upon getting home, we got even more exciting news that friends of our are engaged -- yay! Congratulations guys!!

Then, I checked my email and had a message from Bryn at SOOS that our jewellery samples are ready (I'm getting necklaces and earrings done for the girls and I). Very cool. I also had a second message from Alyssa that her aunt could get us a deal on Reid's chocolates (for our favours) and just needed to know what we wanted so she could get a quote. Nice! And finally, a third message from our DJ to give her a shout to go over songs for the wedding and that she could give us some ideas for our first/last dance songs, which we're struggling with :P

So... a very exciting day, and as I was in the middle of writing this, I had a friend drop by to tell me she's engaged! A second engagement announcement in 2 days!

That's a lot of excitement for one day.

In the past week I've also booked our chairs, picked up our marriage license, chatted with our officiant, visited with the florist, had my 2nd dress fitting, updated our registries, and received the invite to my bachelorette (woot!).

Not bad for a week's work. Now I just have to finish those shower thank-you cards, d'oh I'm slow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home