.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gettin' hitched in 2006!

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Details, details, details

We're getting really close to the 2-month mark (it's coming up on Monday, in case anyone other than me is counting) and now it's time to focus on all the nitty-gritty details.

I met with a friend / quasi wedding guru at Chapter's last night to go over what I had done and what I had left to do. At the end she said, "Sounds to me like you've thought of everything -- now you just have to do it!"

Yup... gotta get it done.

I bought a new little notebook to help me keep track of everything, but it's just so darn cute that I can't bring myself to scribble in it -- I feel like I need a "plan" for how I'm going to write in my notebook.

I know -- it's a notebook, it's meant for notes! I'll get over it. But for the time being I've just been carting it around, opening and closing it, and thinking, "Not yet... I'll wait a bit longer..." I feel like that dorky kid in The Neverending Story, reading the book up in the school attic and rationing his sandwich -- "No, not yet... I should save some for later." That was one of the worst-acted scenes ever, but man I love that movie!

Right... details, my mind is full of them.

Hopefully I'll get over my fixation with pretty paper products soon and actually start putting that cute little notebook to use :P

1 Comments:

  • Lol, I bet! It was the Japanese Chiyogami (Yuzen) paper that got me hooked in the first place -- it's amazing!

    There's a company in Toronto called The Japanese Paper Place that's apparently the largest retailer of Japanese papers outside of Japan. They supply a bunch of stores in Ontario and they have amazing stuff... I think I'd fall over if I went into a store that was 6 floors of paper -- or at least get a severe case of dehydration from spending way too long browsing all day!

    By Blogger Jen, at 10:59 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home