.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gettin' hitched in 2006!

Monday, November 07, 2005

Got eggs?

I am the proud new owner of a Cuisinart Egg Cooker and 6 joyously-coloured, egg-shaped plates, matching egg cups, and itty-bitty egg spoons.

Hell yeah. Who's up for soft-boiled eggs?

I guess I'd better explain.

Yesterday afternoon, I attended a get-together / re-gifting party with a bunch of other brides and brides-to-be -- most of whom I'd never met before. You see, we're all quasi-regulars on a local web forum and decided it would be nice to actually meet some of the other girls we'd been chatting with over the past several months. To make things a little more interesting, I suggested we also bring a re-gift -- something we'd received as a present, but either never used, never wanted, or have no more use for -- and having a re-gifting party.

Now, I'm a knob, and was one of the only girls that forgot to bring a re-gift -- even though it was my idea in the first place! But thankfully someone brought an extra gift, so I got to participate.

To "re-gift" the gifts, we all drew numbers -- 1 through 9 -- and picked a gift in turn, but with the added twist that you could either pick a new un-opened gift, or "steal" a previously opened gift. I was #4 and picked a large, newspaper-wrapped circular item from the table. It turned out to be a card-box, in exactly the right wedding colours of girl #5 who promptly stole my gift. No problem, I didn't really need a card box anyway.


So I picked a new gift from the table -- a portable lunch cooler stuffed with 2 plush-doll kids, lol. I sat with my new gift for several turns while other girls chose new gifts from the table. Then the last girl was up, and there was only one gift left on the table -- the comical egg-cooker set, which no one seemed to want -- so she decided to steal the gift from girl #1 beside me... which started a series of 4 or 5 steals until finally the last girl stole my lunch bag and dolls. So, I looked around the table, and thought about stealing another gift. Then I looked up at the egg cooker set that no one seemed to want... and voila, I am now the proud new owner of a Cuisinart Egg Cooker and 6 pastel-coloured, 3-piece egg serving sets.

Now I just need to buy some eggs.


2 Comments:

  • hi!

    if you like egg cups, please visit our blog, the one and only up-dated blog on egg cups!

    http://www.lahuev.blogspot.com/

    bye!

    By Blogger lahuev, at 6:32 p.m.  

  • You're right.. how bizarre is that, lol!

    By Blogger Jen, at 8:59 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home