.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gettin' hitched in 2006!

Sunday, July 17, 2005

A great engagement party

Apparently I've been slacking off and forgot to post a post-engagement party post... Postity post-post, lol. Oh... I'm easily entertained (and distracted) :p

So the engagement party (EP) went really well and we had absolutely amazing weather. Clear skies, low humidity, and just warm enough to be nice and comfortable sitting outdoors in the early evening. If only the weather fairy could guarantee us the same weather for our wedding next June!

We also had a great turn-out of just over 40 guests and the food that Alyssa and Lesley put together was amazing -- bbq'd chicken, caesar salad, potato salad, pasta salad (okay, I brought that one), veggies & dip, fresh fruit, and to top it all off an amazing carrot cake, which happens to be one of my and Jeff's favorites. Plus, Alyssa's backyard is gorgeous and we had a ton of comments about it being such a lovely location.

Just about everyone brought their lawn chairs, so we all relaxed and mingled in the backyard. It was great seeing everyone and having a chance to introduce our friends and family; although it's surprisingly challenging to say the right name when you're introducing 10 -15 people at once!

All in all it was a great day -- Alyssa and Lesley, we can't thank you enough for hosting such an amazing party, you girls rock!!

We also took a ton of pictures, so check them out if you're interested. I'll leave you with a funny one of Alyssa, Becky, and Lesley goofing around in the kitchen ;)

4 Comments:

  • This is a TERRIBLE photo of me - can you put a better one up - I know I'm vain but isn't that why you love me? Lyss

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:20 p.m.  

  • Hee hee... didn't you see the stellar one of me in the "career woman" pink dress? Take no prisoners, I say, and besides... you look fabulous as always!

    By Blogger Jen, at 7:24 p.m.  

  • Oh alright, I'd be saying the same (lol) so how about a compromise? You tell me which pic to use and I'll do up an "Alyssa tribute" post.

    By Blogger Jen, at 7:26 p.m.  

  • LOL - its ok Jen - it is after all YOUR blog :) Its just a bit of a WIDE shot...better incentive to hit the gym!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:53 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home