.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gettin' hitched in 2006!

Friday, July 01, 2005

Preliminary dress shopping

So last night, my bridesmaid Lesley and I did some preliminary wedding dress shopping in Uptown Waterloo.

My hairdresser had told me about a store that's more for prom/bridesmaids dresses, but which has very reasonably-priced wedding dresses, too. So Lesley and I dropped in, and the ladies asked if I had an appointment... umm no, I didn't think it was that kind of store :| But after a bit of fuss, they said I could try something on from the one rack if I saw a dress I really loved...

That irked me a bit, but hey, I was in there without an appointment :P

I only tried on one dress, which fit really well and was cheap, too!! I wasn't super sold though, and since it was the first and only dress I'd ever tried on I decided to keep looking.

Next, we dropped by Bridal Depot (still without an appointment) and asked if it was okay if we took a look around even though we hadn't called ahead. The girl was super nice and said it wasn't a problem at all -- I could even try on any dress I wanted, she just had to finish helping another client with some alterations first.

Ahhh... excellent! I tried on 3 or 4 dresses, and again the first one I tried fit and looked the best, but none were "the one" so I thanked the sales girl and left.

Tomorrow, I have an appointment to try on dresses at Taylor's Bridal in Elmira. I've heard nothing but rave reviews about their customer service, so I'm super excited! I'll let you know how it goes :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home