.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gettin' hitched in 2006!

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Slacking off

There seems to be a common trend among brides-to-be of lulls and highs experienced during the planning process.

One week you're a planning queen, checking item after item off your massive list of to-do's, and the next you're wishing that DJ would call and book himself 'cause you just can't be bothered right now.

I'm currently experiencing one of those lulls.

Unfortunately time does keep ticking, and in the bridal business things book EARLY. Can you believe the make-up artist I contacted 2 weeks ago is already booked for June 17, 2006?? Well then, MAC counter it is.

However, this weekend Jeff and I have an appointment to meet with Judi at the Walper Terrace, so hopefully that will kick-start my butt back into gear. Maybe just enough for me to get over my odd dread of calling DJs...

5 Comments:

  • oohh make-up -do I get to have my make up done also... you can get people to come to your house - MAC is good..do you know of any other's?? Can you tell I am procrastinating from writing my paper - a little bit of geek in all of us :) Oh and I guess we should book hair also..where do you go? Voila does fabulous make-up...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:24 p.m.  

  • Yeah, we can totally get our make-up done -- I know we can do a damn decent job of it ourselves, but having it done would be so much more fun ;)

    And Voila? I didn't know that... will have to check them out. I get my hair done at Frenzi, although I've been thinking about checking around for other options.

    By Blogger Jen, at 7:28 p.m.  

  • cool well you know the area more so let me know what you think :)

    Frenzi does cool make up also - not sure if its a little too funky for a wedding?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:50 p.m.  

  • I think you should check out the place Caroline & I go - Absolute. It's on the same corner of Gen X. Everyone there is young, fun and funky.
    bb.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:11 a.m.  

  • Please check out the new salon on 48 Laurel Street, Waterloo, it is called Floor One Salon, 342-1712. You will be impressed, so beautiful, warm and cosy, the owners are formerly stylists from Frenzi, Graeme and Kevin. Service and personal attention is awesome. They just opened Oct.4th. They have redone the main floor of an older home, check out their website, www.flooronesalon.com. They have just decorated their place for Christmas. Good luck with your wedding, I love the location you picked in Victoria Park, what a beautiful picture.
    Sincerely,
    Sylvia

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:42 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home